I am a Tech Lead at the Federal Election Commission with a passion for public service and modernizing government technology. I’m known for my attention to detail, excellent customer service, ability to build relationships, and creative problem solving skills.
My strong background in software engineering, data analysis, and customer service would make me a great addition to any team.
Contribute high-quality, well-tested, maintainable, well-documented code to fec.gov, a fully open source Django/Flask application. Master emerging technologies, mentor developers, and add team documentation for best practices for test-driven development. Lead code review, architecture discussions, and feature prioritization.
- Serve as acting Sprint Facilitator to assist product management and junior developers with prioritizing and scheduling work
- Make security improvements to internal and external open source packages
- Assist UX/design team with producing workflow mockups and conducting user interviews
- Work to successfully transfer fec.gov’s ATO from 18F to the FEC
- Lead the initiative and write code to publish FEC’s code to code.gov and data.gov, participate in multi-agency code.gov working group
- Promote open source software and the FEC’s website by participating in the code.gov working group, GSA’s government API community of practice, and presenting at conferences
Leveraged technical skills to modernize IT processes and coordinate the implementation of new and existing tools such as ServiceNow correspondence tracking platform. Provided technical support to users of FECFile, the FEC’s free online filing software. Formally mentored and informally coached employees on professional development, campaign finance review policies and procedures.
- Served as Acting Assistant Branch Chief, managing team of eight analysts
- Reviewed and analyzed data for over 10,000 house, senate, presidential, and independent expenditure reports
- Provided outstanding customer service and technical assistance to over 350 assigned committees
- Designed and created instructional YouTube videos and webinars for FECFile users
- Prepared and led branch-wide trainings on legal developments, complex reporting scenarios, and technical tools
- Conducted extensive user research for 18F, providing feedback and making recommendations on FEC website redesign and e-filing study
- Provided technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical issues.
- Documented project plans and team processes in Microsoft SharePoint wiki
- Wrote custom SQL reports and designed user interfaces to meet complex state campaign finance regulations
Trained new staff on FEC disclosure rules, technical support, and customer service. Converted and migrated custom databases into SQL Server.
- Coordinated and approved data updates made by staff using T-SQL
- Designed and presented in-person and webinar trainings for candidate committees, PACs, and parties on how to prepare federal and state disclosure reports using NGP
- Coordinated QA testing and triaged critical, time-sensitive software bugs
- Designed and wrote custom SQL reports for targeted fundraising and financial analysis